1. 75% of male internet users are on Facebook as well as 83% of female internet users.
2. According to recode, 44% of teenagers asked to choose one social network if “trapped on a deserted island” chose Snapchat, ahead of Instagram (24 percent) and Facebook (14 percent).
4. 29% of internet users with college degrees use Twitter, compared to 20% with high school degrees or less.
5. 81% of millennials check Twitter at least once per day.
6. 91% of Social Media Users Are Accessing Social Channels Via Mobile Devices from CoSchedule.
7. 22% of the world’s total population uses Facebook.
8. LinkedIn boasts more than 530 millions user profiles.
9. On any given day, Snapchat reaches 41% of 18 to 34-year-olds in the US.
10. YouTube overall, and even YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
1. Facebook continues to be the most widely used social media platform, with 79% of American internet users. Based on total population, (not just internet users) 68% of U.S. adults (you know, your customers) use it. What are you waiting for? Start advertising on Facebook already!
3. Per Statista, in the last quarter of 2017, 1.37 billion active users visited Facebook on a daily basis. Overall, daily active users accounted for 66 percent of monthly active users. (Check out 75 fascinating stats about Facebook here.)
4. The average LinkedIn user spends 17 minutes on the site per month.
5. 51% of Instagram users access the platform daily, and 35% say they look at the platform several times per day.
6. Almost 80% of time spent on social media platforms happens on mobile.
7. Katy Perry has the most worldwide twitter followers, at 94.65 million.
8. Over 400 million snaps are shared on Snapchat per day, and almost 9,000 photos are shared every second.
9. Just 10 thousand YouTube videos have generated more than 1 billion views.
10. More than half of all YouTube views are on mobile devices.
1. Instagram earns $595 million in mobile ad revenue per year, a rapidly increasing number.
2. Despite news of layoffs and executives leaving the company, Twitter’s revenue is up 8% YOY
3. 59% of Americans with social media accounts think that customer service through social media has made it easier to get questions answered and issues resolved.
4. Over 50 million businesses use Facebook Business Pages.
5. 2 million business use to Facebook for advertising.
6. Per Forbes, Facebook reported 47% growth in revenue to about $17.4 billion in the first half of 2017 over the same period last year.
7. 93% of Pinterest users use the platform to plan or make purchases.
8. 39% of LinkedIn users pay for monthly premium accounts.
9. Pinterest drives 25% of all retail website referral traffic.
10. More than 56% of online adults use more than one social media platform.
11. Per Forbes, Facebook mobile ads account for 87% of advertising revenues and stood at $8 billion in Q2 of 2017.
1. Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks than tweets without images.
2. 100 million food and 146 fashion boards exist on Pinterest.
3. On LinkedIn, 98% of posts with images receive more comments and posts with links have a 200% higher engagement rate.
4. There are about 81 million fake Facebook accounts and about 5% of twitter accounts are bogus.
5. 100 million hours of video content are watched on Facebook daily.
6. More than 1 million LinkedIn users have published long-form content, with 160,000 long-form posts being published weekly. and over 19.7 million SlideShare presentations have been uploaded to the platform.
7. 88% of businesses with more than 100 employees use twitter for marketing purposes.
8. The user-submitted YouTube video with the most views is “Charlie bit my finger” with over 845 million views.
9. Pizza is the most widely instagrammed food, directly ahead of steak and sushi.
10. Blogging continues to grow, with over 409 million people viewing more than 23.6 billion pages each month on WordPress alone.
Check out this very cool infographic from Red Website Design! Excited to see these statistics in an infographic.
Our prediction for 2018? Messaging apps
29% of smartphone users utilize general messaging apps, like Whatsapp, Viber, or Kik. As Facebook continues to test new methods for advertising through messenger, and customers demand a higher level of customer service, we predict that more brands will look to utilize messaging ads and applications in the year to come. Stay tuned…
Want more marketing stats? Check out these 11 Legitimately Scary PPC Stats Every Advertiser Should Know!
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.