You see and hear happy holiday messages everywhere during this time of year, and yet when it comes time to write your own greetings, whether for friends, family, customers, or coworkers…your brain conks out and things just aren’t coming out like you expected…
Don’t worry. We’ve got almost 60 perfectly-worded holiday greetings and messages that you can use for your emails, cards, social posts, texts, and more. Plus, holiday email headers you can use!
Table of contents
All of these greetings are pretty versatile and interchangeable, but I’ve grouped them so that you aren’t bombarded with an endless list, and also because, you know, SEO.
Jump to holiday greeting messages for:
Friendly holiday greetings & messages
Let’s start off with some general holiday greetings and messages that you can use for any crowd. These are pretty standard, but if you’re looking to spice things up a big, check out my guide to cliche-free holiday copywriting.
- Holiday greetings to you and the ones you spend it with! May this time of year shine light on your blessings and bring new ones in the year to come.
- Happy holidays! We hope this year’s season fills you up with the things that mean most to you and energizes you for a happy and healthy new year.
- Seasons greetings! Wishing you all the joy, peace, and love that this time of year brings.
- Happy holidays! Sending you love, light, and laughter for good memories and a bright and healthy 2023.
- Happy holiday greetings to you and yours! Here’s to a cheerful present, a well-remembered past, and a prosperous year ahead.
- Greetings to you during this bright time of year! May you experience the light of laughter, the warmth of love, and the joy of gratitude this season and beyond.
Short Christmas wishes & messages
These short Christmas wishes and messages can be a nice addition to your email signatures or holiday Instagram captions.
- Yes, it’s been said, many times, many ways, but we still mean it just as much! Merry Christmas!
- A silent night, a star above, a blessed gift of hope and love. Merry Christmas.
- Wishing you all the blessings and joys of Christmas and a bright year ahead.
- Peace, youth, and happiness for you this Christmas and every other!
- Wishing you a fabulous Christmas filled with good cheer, good beer, and memories of a wonderful year.
- A little more sparkle, a little less stress, may that be your motto this Christmas!
Inspirational Christmas messages
If you’re feeling more of the core values vibe, try out these inspirational Christmas messages:
- This Christmas, may your blessings be many, your worries few, and days spent with those who mean the most to you.
- The best Christmas gifts are the ones we’ve had all year: a roof over our heads, food in the fridge, and family to enjoy it with. May the richness of gratitude be yours this Christmas!
- Merry Christmas! Enjoy the presents under the tree, the people that put them there, and the extra spark of gratitude the season brings.
- Christmas is a time to believe in something greater than yourself—even for just one night.
- May the peace and joy of Christmas live in your heart all year long.
- “Christmas is forever—not just for one day. For loving, sharing, and giving are not to put away.” – Norman Wesley Brooks
Business Christmas & holiday card messages
Sending out a holiday email, postcard, Christmas card, or social post? Look no further than these holiday greetings for business:
- No updates, announcements, flyers, or brochures; simply warmth, joy, and peace from our crew to yours!
- To our coworkers, customers, partners and pals: Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa to all!
- Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone in the [business name] family! You make us shine bright and we can’t wait to serve you next year.
- Happy holidays from all of us here at [business name]. We appreciate your business and look forward to being your [service] provider in the new year!
- This time of year, our thoughts turn gratefully to our customers, partners, and suppliers who make our success possible. We thank you for all that you do, and wish you all the best this holiday season and beyond.
- The end of the year brings no greater joy than the opportunity to express how grateful we are for our customers and partners. Happy holidays to all of you, and may your new year be filled with happiness and success.
- In warm appreciation of your loyalty during the past year, we extend our very best holiday wishes to you and your loved ones. Enjoy this time of year, and we’ll see you in the next one!
- Dear [name]: Without your loyalty and support this year, we wouldn’t be where we are. We are so grateful for that! Thank you, happy holidays to you, and a happy new year too!
- From everyone at [name of business], happy holidays! Thank you for your loyalty to us. Put your feet up and have a well-deserved rest this season. We’ll see you again next year!
- From all of us here at [business name]: Thank you for all the great business this year. Let’s sit back, relax, and celebrate, and then get ready to do it all again! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Christmas & holiday card messages for clients
Your client relationships are the lifeblood of your business. If you’re sending something specific to them this season, try out these holiday card messages for clients and customers.
- During the holiday season, as we reflect on the good things we have, we think of partners like you. We appreciate what a pleasure it is to work with you, and hope that the holidays and the coming year will bring you happiness and success.
- Dear [client], we know that finding a [service] provider is not easy, and we’re so glad you’ve placed your trust in us. We wish you the very best this holiday season and look forward to working with you in the new year!
- As the year draws to a close, we look back with appreciation for your loyalty and look forward with excitement to a new year of more great work together. Have a wonderful holiday, we wish you all the best!
- Dear [client name]. The holidays are filled with good will and cheer, but you bring that to our office year-round. We are so appreciative of that, and we can’t wait to see you again next year. May your season be merry and bright, and your new year filled with delight!
- At this special time of year, we give thanks for clients like you who make our jobs enjoyable and our lives more fulfilling. Thank you for being you. From all of us at [company name]
- Season’s greetings from the very merry team at [company name]. You keep us glowing and bright all year round, and we look forward to meeting your [industry] needs you in the coming year! Thanks for being you. Happy holidays and new year too!
- Happy holidays to all of our clients! It is truly a privilege to work with you all year. Wishing you a season of joy and another year of success together!
- Oh what fun it is…to work with clients like you! From the [business name] team, we send our deepest thanks and warmest wishes for a happy holiday season and a healthy new year.
- As we celebrate and give thanks, what better time to tell you, our clients, how grateful we are for your confidence in our business. Working with you year-round is an honor and a privilege, and we look forward to continuing our partnership next year. Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Seasons greetings to you, our awesome clients! It’s been an absolute pleasure working with every single one of you during these past 12 months. Let’s make [new year] even better. Until then, rest up, celebrate your blessings, and enjoy your season!
- Dear [client]: There is no way other businesses have it this good. How do we know? Because they don’t have you as their client! Working with you is such a pleasure. Thanks for making it so. Have a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season!
Happy holiday wishes to clients
Too late to send a card? Share these happy holiday wishes to clients in a holiday social post or email:
- Tis’ the season for us to tell you how much you mean to us. (Spoiler: It’s a lot.)
- During this season of giving, we’d like to give a big thanks to you for being such a loyal client. You make our days merry and bright all year round! Wishing you a peaceful, joyful holiday season and an even better year than the last!
- Happy holidays everyone! Whatever this season brings for you, may it be filled with all the love and light you deserve. We’ll see you soon!
- To all our clients: We are so grateful for your hard work, your loyalty, and your faith in our business. We have accomplished so much together this year, and we can’t wait to do it again! Until then, have a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season!
- In the brightest of seasons, may you find many reasons for happiness. Happy holidays to all of our clients, and cheers to an even better year to come!
- Happy holidays to all of our clients! Without you, our success would not be possible. Thank you for your loyalty and your hard work. Looking forward to another great year together!
Holiday wishes for staff
All this talk about thanking your customers, don’t forget about your employees! Here are some warm holiday wishes for staff:
- Happy holidays to an incredible team! Without your talent, teamwork, and tenacity, we wouldn’t be looking back on such a successful year. Take some well-deserved rest, enjoy some hard-earned fun, and get ready for round 2!
- Seasons greetings to each and every one of you! Working with you this year has been a privilege in more ways than one, and I am so grateful for all of your hard work. Enjoy your time with family and friends, and we’ll rendezvous soon!
- Wishing you all a happy, healthy holiday season and some well-deserved rest and relaxation! Thank you for your daily dedication to our mission and for making every day in this office bright. Looking forward to seeing what exciting adventures await us next year!
- Happy holidays to you and your families. May the season be one of joy, celebration, and warmth and the year to come filled with health and new blessings.
- May this Christmas end the year on a cheerful note, and make way for a fresh and bright New Year. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Merry Christmas to a team that makes this office merry and bright!
Holiday wishes for coworkers
And last but not least, here are some Christmas and holiday wishes you can put in your cards and messages to coworkers:
- Working with you is a gift every day of the year! Thanks for being you, enjoy your holiday season, and see you again next year!
- Merry Christmas and happy holidays, [name]. May the closeness of friends and the comfort of home renew your spirits this season.
- Happy holidays to my favorite coworker! I don’t know where I’d be without you. I’m so grateful for all you’ve taught me this year. I hope this season is filled with bright blessings and new memories that will stay with you for years to come.
- Happiest of holidays to the happiest of coworkers. Your positive energy inspires me every day. May your holiday season be as bright as you are!
- Wishing you a happy holiday season and a new year filled with blessings! Working with you this year has been a joy and a privilege. Excited to see what we can achieve together next year!
Want more than these Merry Christmas wishes?
If you’re looking for even more ways to incorporate the Christmas and holiday season into your marketing copy, check out these resources:
if you’re greetings for other holidays in the year, check out these:
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.